About the Firm
Vivien Wang established Wang Law Group, PLLC in 2011. The firm has a general practice involving civil litigation, immigration law, criminal law, family law, personal injury, business litigation and corporate compliances. We are highly committed to our clients, local or international, big or small, by using our extensive experience and innovative resolutions to empower you with an effective understanding of your legal issues. We are problem solvers.
Vivien Wang has a diversified knowledge background and a track record in business. She obtained her bachelor’s degree in law from one of the top law schools in China, Wuhan University, and received her J.D. from the Nashville School of Law. Her MBA in Banking and Finance received from Bangor University in the UK equipped her law practice with solid economic and financial understandings of the business operations. Moreover, due to her long-standing interests in jurisprudence and political theories, she obtained a master’s degree in philosophy, from which she acquired unique critical thinking abilities. Before attending Nashville School of Law and becoming a trial attorney, she was already a successful entrepreneur, real estate investor and businesswoman. With wide knowledge and rich experience in both Chinese and American law and economic environments, Vivien is often called upon to offer strategic advice for international manufacturers and entrepreneurs from all over the U.S. and overseas.
Over the years of practice in the great Nashville area, Vivien has handled a large variety of matters from catastrophic accidents to complicated partnership disputes. She maintains an active practice representing international corporations, local and national investors, and high-net-worth entrepreneurs. Over the years, she has constantly offered pro bono service to local non-profit organizations. As a first-generation Chinese-American trial attorney, Vivien Wang is committed to quality legal presentation nothing less competitive than any native speaking legal practitioners. Her clients’ high level of satisfaction and frequency of referral testify to her excellent integration of her sophisticated work and educational background.
In 2022, Wang Law Group PLLC is awarded by Expertise.com as “Best Immigration Lawyers in Nashville”.
Media and Public Presentations
Having a strong interest in the U.S. Constitution as well as contemporary social and political phenomenon, Vivien Wang is a keen observer, researcher and public speaker actively engaged in the local and national Chinese-American communities and tirelessly promoting quality public understandings of American politics, constitutional institutions and legal practice. In 2021, Vivien Wang joined a talk show, the “Par of American-Chinese Lawyers”, with four other well-known attorneys on youtube.com, ChineseInLa.com, and Clubhouse.
Selected Topics in the “Par of American-Chinese Lawyers” :
- “From the Johnny Depp Drama: What are the Elements of Defamation and How to Determine Damages”. June 2, 2022. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jzWWBUZ88)
- “Why Is Gun Control So Hard? A Brief Look at the Constitutional, Historical and Political Sources of the Second Amendment”. May 26, 2022. (https://youtu.be/lpIS2XYO9bk)
- “The U.S. Government’s Covid-19 Vaccination Mandates for Larger Employers and Federal Workforce – How the Federal Power is Legitimate and When It Is Limited?” September 23, 2021. (https://youtu.be/1A7FEq6937Y)
Invited Lectures and Opinions
- “The Huge Social Impact of Overruling Roe v. Wade.” World Journal, June 5, 2022. (https://www.worldjournal.com/wj/story/122845/6351266)
- “Stress under Covid-19 on Commercial Lease.” Tennessee American-Chinese Chamber of Commerce, January 2021.
- “Immigrant and Minority Business: Important Legal Issues.” Tennessee Immigrant and Minority Business Group, Panel Discussion, 2020 Winter Quarterly Forum, Trevecca Nazarene University, November 12, 2020.
- “Female Entrepreneurship & Business Climate for Women in Nashville.” Tennessee American-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Tennessee Immigrant and Minority Business Group, Renasant Bank, January 26, 2017.
- “American Legal System: Why and How Chinese Students Should Learn about and Use It?” Vanderbilt University, September 2012. (https://studentorg.vanderbilt.edu/vucssa/?p=1811)
Vivien Wang, Attorney at Law
Tennessee Supreme Court
U.S. District Court, West District of TN
U.S. Immigration Courts and Board of Appeals
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. Middle District Court of Tennessee
J.D., Nashville School of Law, USA
M.B.A., University of Bangor, UK
M.A., Huazhong University of Science & Technology, China
L.L.B., Wuhan University, China
Tennessee Bar Association
Nashville Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association